Wednesday, March 26, 2008

iPod Minimalism- From 20GB to 1GB 

A couple of years ago, my company gave everyone iPods for Christmas.
I've been using mine reliably for listening to Podcasts during my commute to work.

My 20GB hard drive based ipod must have taken a tumble that I didn't notice while it was in my Timbuk2 messenger bag.

On Sunday night when I went to sync- I heard the Click of Death.

I've followed the Apple Support page instructions for resetting the iPod, but they haven't worked so far.

A year ago we received Best Buy Gift cards during the holiday season.

I bought a 1GB iPod Shuffle and a DLO Power Bug  spare charger
with the intent of using the Shuffle when working out at the gym I planned to join.

I haven't joined that gym yet, but I'm glad I bought the Shuffle.

I've been dragging and dropping podcasts one at a time into the shuffle to not run out of space.
I'd already loaded my best of list of my favorite music from my collection which turned out to be less than 500MB.

So now I'm taking a minimalist approach to podcasts. I'm not carrying my whole library anymore.

The shuffle is working out great so far. It is much lighter weight and it takes up much less space in my bag or pocket.

Now I need to decide if the 20GB iPod is  worth fixing or replacing.

But that's a task for another day.

No comments: